Monday, August 31, 2009

Fall is Coming!

I have renewed energy today! If not physically, then mentally! Oh, I can't help but enjoy the cool breeze. Its 73 and it feels awesome outside. Its August 31st and we have had temps over 100f this month. I have no tolerance to the heat anymore now that my body thermostat is broken. I never get chilled anymore. Its uncomfortably cold in my house for others, but it feels good to me and heat just makes me sick. That being said, bring on the cooler weather of fall! My a/c bill will get relief too.

My puppy is laying under the table at my feet. He will be one year old tomorrow, September 1st. I absolutely adore him! He is so smart and I can't wait to teach him something new. The lady who will be training us is coming over Sept 6th. I contacted her about obedience training, but after she read my goals to have him trained in service tasks, she informed me she was qualified and experienced to to train him in service dog tasks too. WOO HOO! Our prayers have been answered. I was resigned to the fact I'd have to move to Houston to find a suitable trainer. Houston to be close to MD Anderson and the great medical center there. For now, I will plan to continue flying to Houston every 3 weeks for Avastin treatments.

Back to Jack. So far, he walks well on the leash, he knows sit, down and stand. He knows to sit and wait for the ok to go to his food at mealtime and sit and wait for the ok to jump out of the van. We are working on stay. Hes learning not to maul visitors. He is still a puppy. A puppy in an adult body, as my friend Rob says. He is making progress though.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!!! Learning not to maul visitors is great. ;-)
I am so happy you found a trainer, too. I am so I'll see you in Ohio! Keep on rockin!