Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer 2010!

I have neglected my blog for a year now! I have been reading some inspiring pages on the web, tho and I want to start again.

First I want to tell you that my puppy Jack, who will be 2 years old in 8 days, has had a career change. Linda, his trainer, and I have mutually decided that he is too energetic for the type of service tasks I will need him to do. In Linda's words "He is not showing signs of slowing down. I can have another dog trained for you
before that happens (if it happens.)" Jack is going to live with Linda's family. He will be trained to retrieve do
wned ducks and Linda's husband will take him hunting in the fall with their other two yellow labs "Honey" and "Decoy."








After only a week 0f searching high and low, she found a dog who passed all her tests with flying
colors! Incidentally, it was "low" that she found him.
The Odessa pound. You can't get much lower than that. Despite being skinny and tick ridden, he was the best natured dog ever. Looking at his teeth, she thinks he is younger than 2 years old.
He is just amazingly sweet, smart and loyal. After only a week with Linda, she told me he is so loyal that there is nothing he wouldn't do for his person.